Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Antigen Path Disclosure

From: "W1ZARD" <Packetninja () btinternet com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 13:55:34 +0100

Nopes. Im not a part of the security industry itself, im a programmer.
If it was my choice there would be no industry coming out of this cause
we, the programmers, would be given the time to test our apps before
releasing them, we would be given time to program it decently, not with
8 or 24 or 72 hour deadlines hanging over our shoulders at every time.

Ah well put more time to the code and less into the rants =)

How'bout a filtering router? Access rules? Oh wait, I guess you haven't
heard about that before?

Umm fraid i have heard of those =) but then again you are part of the
industry so what your saying is every average home user who listen to a bit
of music and plays the odd game should be going to fairly extreme measures
to secure thier home pc.
A filtering router? for a kids home pc that gets to connected to a laptop
once in a while with a bit of crossover, thats just insanely ott/overkill
imo.

Honestly I think its bitchy f*cking over a 13yr-olds puter. There aren't
excuses for such actions. We are all on this list to fight shit like
that by going full disclosure hoping vendors patch the holes, hoping
people secure their computers, or even hope that company sites keep
their security up, so no, I don't encourage such actions, nor do I
approve of them.

Point was it wasnt a hole, he didnt actully own anything, he deleted a few
files in an shared dir that well was allowed to be modfied, thats as far as
he got. But Still decided to uploaded 2 dodgey files and a jpg like he was
some super hacker. Just thought it was funny someone on a mailing list
claiming to be a security professional would consider that kinda attitude
professional and well err hacking lol.
(on lighter note found them and ill proper nosey later on, one appears to be
some webserver/ircbot trojan anyways from googling with the filename)
.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html