Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SRT2003-06-12-0853 - ike-scan local root format string issue

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:02:55 -0400

In most instances I provice in depth gdb details and more than enough information on the bug itself to allow those that need to write an exploit to do so. Full disclosure does not necessarily mean giving out fully working and possibly destructive exploit code.

The government disclosed to us an Anthrax problem however they did not simply give you some anthrax to test if your local post office scanned for chemical materials.

-KF

easctun wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is the below considered Full Disclosure? When a user
has to write the auther for PoC code or further information?

Thought I'd ask the list as it seems more knowledgeable than I.

---

This advisory was released by Secure Network Operations,Inc. as a matter
of notification to help administrators protect their networks against
the described vulnerability. Exploit source code is no longer released
in our advisories. Contact research () secnetops com for information on how
to obtain exploit information.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html