Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [OFFTOPIC] Zone Alarm

From: "morning_wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:35:05 -0700

I'd rather have an inexperienced user behind a PFW any day than expect
them to understand and *properly* implement NAT *and* a firewall.  I'd
rather have them introduced to the concept of security in a way that
they understand than to shove it down their throats with technology they
don't comprehend and can't possibly use correctly.

Todays personal style routers require nothing more than the physical
connections
and dhcp ( default by most out of the box OS'es ) and nearly forget about,
the only education is
to explain that thier ip is not 192.168.blabla.bla..  theres no need to "
expect them to understand and *properly* implement NAT *and* a firewall" .I
still stand by a 40$ personal router utilizing NAT.
Theres nowhere for the packets to go.. and please, when was the last time
anyone here had to flash a personal style router / switch
within the past 2 years... dont go esoteric on us now..

moreNINwood

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html