Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: rumours of new Cisco IOS vulnerability

From: jklemenc () fnal gov
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:53:37 -0500

Here is the link to the advisory:
http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5PP0E1FAKC.html

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           Len Rose <len () netsys com>  |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           full-disclosure-admin@lists|
|         |           .netsys.com                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           07/16/2003 03:36 PM        |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       full-disclosure () lists netsys com
            |
  |       cc:
         |
  |       Subject:  [Full-disclosure] rumours of new Cisco IOS vulnerability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

They've been discussing the existence of
a new Cisco IOS attack on the NANOG mailing
list (see http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/ for
details)

According to what I've been reading it's a remotely
exploitable denial of service situation, based on
specially crafted packets designed to fill up the
"process switched" input queues on an interface.

It seemingly will cause the router to crash or
reboot.

I have no further details.

Len

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.