Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: RE : [Secure Network Operations, Inc.] FullDisclosure != Exploit Release

From: Strategic Reconnaissance Team <recon () snosoft com>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 16:15:12 -0500

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 16:10, Geo wrote:
SNIP

We obviously can't trust the vendors, and with the range of
different configurations of machines I'm not even sure that's a reasonable
requirement of a vendor to test every possible combination.
SNIP

        This is what we are trying to fix.  Vendors are simply too swamped
(this is what they seem to say at least) to be able to fix everything as
fast as people would like. This is one thing that Secure Network
Operations wants to help vendors resolve. We want to help vendors earn
the trust of network and security professionals. At the moment, security
validation is just not a part of the every day development procedure, I
personally think it should be.

--
Strategic Reconnaissance Team <recon () snosoft com>
Secure Network Operations, Inc.