Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Secure Network Operations, Inc.] Full Disclosure != Exploit Release

From: Strategic Reconnaissance Team <recon () snosoft com>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 14:30:48 -0500

Actually,
        Not to contradict you, but no we won't.  We are considering creating
signatures for both. Our goal is to help the security industry, not to
damage it.

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 11:50, Florian Weimer wrote:
Strategic Reconnaissance Team <recon () snosoft com> writes:

It is possible to prove a vulnerability exists by releasing well written
advisories.  Because of this fact, proof of concept code (exploit
source) is not a requirement for the education of the possibly
vulnerable.

If you don't publish such code, you will eventuall kill projects like
Nessus and Snort by starvation.  Is this your intention?