Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE : RE : [Secure Network Operations, Inc.] FullDisclosure != Exploit Release

From: "Nicolas Villatte" <Nicolas.Villatte () advalvas be>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:03:17 +0100

The reference to SQL worm was here because this incident triggered such
debate a bit everywhere.
The elite term I used is here to define few selected people that would
be aware of complementary information around vulnerability, not at all
some kind of quality distinction.
The proof of concept or any piece of code will allow to have further
insight in the vulnerability, I do not believe you can explain in a
standard way programming related stuff the way you would with a piece of
code.
For me a highly detailed advisory should include a code example, else it
is not that highly detailed.
I never stated you were talking about the SQL worm; it was just used as
an example in the current context, and "stabbed" was used more as an
allegory.

Best regards,

Nicolas.