Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Al Qaida claims responsibility for blackout

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:08:57 -0400

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:09:21 EDT, Michael Gale <michael () bluesuperman com>  said:

Ya right - I find it amusing that every time something "bad" happens there is
a group in the Middle East ready to take credit for it. I believe that the
blaster worm had a better chance at bring down the power plants then Al Qaida
or some other primitive group.
If they are taking responsibility for the power outage then the plant would of definitely exploded.

Well.. the *official* story is that a power line sagged into a tree.

Let's see.. some good stout non-conducting rope.. toss it over the line.. hook
it to a truck.. and help it out just a *little* bit...

Hmm.. anybody know where the Presidential motorcade was at the time? ;)  There
was a thing on NANOG recently about a spotter plane getting in trouble for
flying a route along a transmission line, but he got within 30 miles of the
motorcade....

And of course the information is published as an alert to pilots about the
closed airspace - which means the Bad Guys know when/where they don't have to
worry about spotter planes.