Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Symantec Buys SecurityFocus, among others....

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (martin f krafft)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:51:27 +0200

--wTWi5aaYRw9ix9vO

also sprach Jay D. Dyson <jdyson () treachery net> [2002.07.18.2239 +0200]:
      Indeed.  And many of us did see this coming...yet few did anything
about it.  Thankfully, VulnWatch and this list exist and may well help
break the inevitable stranglehold that's coming our way.

How many people are we by now?

      Look, I have nothing against someone trying to make a buck.  That
is the cornerstone of the capitalist system.  What burns my biscuits is
that the monolithic security companies are not making this money off their
own efforts[1], but by leeching off the egalitarian contributions of those
who possess a skill set the businesses are not willing to pay for.=20

Right on. Let's just stick to this forum and not use Bugtraq anymore.
Or make your vulnerabilities available here 2 days before you post to
bugtraq (moderation only takes a day).

--=20
 =20
if you don't understand or are scared by any of
the above ask your parents or an adult to help you.

--wTWi5aaYRw9ix9vO

--wTWi5aaYRw9ix9vO--