Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: A WiFi security tool I would like to see developed

From: matt merhar <merharm () wra net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:49:55 -0500

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:39:41 -0500 (EST)
Michael Scheidell <scheidell () secnap net> wrote:

push comes to shove, I guess someone could come up with a set of
patches to change the uid/gid and chroot it after it binds to the
interface.
Hmmm. Any beginning programmer can break a chroot, faggot.
At least if it got sploited, it would be in jail
Do you not realize that chroot() is not the same thing as jail()? Oh
wait, nevermind. You're a self-proclaimed whitehat faggot.

--
Michael Scheidell
SECNAP Network Security, LLC