Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: A WiFi security tool I would like to see developed

From: xbud <xbud () g0thead com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:15:11 -0600

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 21:31, matt merhar wrote:
Hey RMS,
Great idea, but I think it's already been in the works in the latest
version of Dug Song's infamous dsniff. I really hope that he fixes the
several remote exploits that exist in this acclaimed pen-testing tool,
though.

wow, I never thought dsniff had remote exploitation capabilities.
All this time I thought it was a sniff+parse utility.

If you meant remotely exploitable holes, well ...

Here are some recent #monkey logs I've acquired that highlight the
features that I'm discussing.
*** #monkey Session Start (11/24/02) ***

<snip> ..

<dr``> Rubbish! I've got Lance Spitzner on my side. I'm sure he's
audited the source code very well. What's this I hear about dsniff being
remotely exploitable in several places throughout the CodeBase?
<dugsong> Hmmm. Alright. I'll keep quiet.
*** #monkey Session End (11/24/02) ***
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:28:04 -0500

Log sounds like a spoofed crock of shit, but whatever..
umm, last time I heard Lance doesn't code, so that further confirms my 'crock
of shit' theory.

cheers,
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html