Full Disclosure mailing list archives

tradecraft and subversion

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (sockz loves you)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:58:27 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: aliver () xexil com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:31:40 -0700
To: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Subject: [Full-disclosure] tradecraft and subversion

      Personally, I've enjoyed the (few) posts with some actual code in
them. Anyone who reads my posts knows that I'm usually (depending on the
situation) against releasing vulnerabilities and exploit code to the
public or to vendors. I consider myself a non-criminal blackhat since I

a "non-criminal blackhat"... dude, there's no such thing.  quit fantasising.

code "toolz" but don't use them illegally. Of course my efforts are for
research purposes only, and if someone else decides to use my tools
illegally, then they are a bad bad person and I just couldn't condone that
at all, no sir, not at all, honest. I'm not a huge exploit coder, but I

so in other words you're just a normal computer geek/nerd/whatever.  you have
the intelligence, but lack the guts to go either way (black or white).  that
doesn't make you a hacker.  it makes you "someone who can do use computers".
no more.  possibly less.

have written a couple for fun, not profit. I'm more interested in tools
with a dark flavor since they aren't going to be used by jerkish vendors
to fix their products (at least, they aren't as likely to be). To my

my favourite flavour is strawberry.  do you have anything to accomodate my
tastes?

(snip)
      Okay, that said, I'm working on a few projects and if anyone has
feedback, code, or advice concerning them; I'd appreciate it. I'd usually
take this kind of thing to somewhere like vuln-dev, but due to the recent
corporate ownership and the loss of Blue Boar, well, screw that. Anyhow,
here goes nothing:

let me get this right... cuz i think i'm missing something here... you claim to
be (in your own words) a "non-criminal blackhat" who posts to vuln-dev and Full
Disclosure for free advice in relation to your own "projects"?  dude, thats
fucked up.  *spins out*  i hate to break it to you, aliver, but you're not a
hacker at all.  you're really just whitehat trash...

Anyhow, the basic concept is that "spat"  sits on a given port and acts
like an SMTP, POP3, IMAP, FTP, or whatever server. When clients connect to
this server, the server attempts to exploit and own them.

...that or you're a moron for telling everyone about your spat project...

Project "xxtleet" (pronounced "zeetleet"):
leetspeak rant of about 24k - 40k. Any ideas on the lexigraphic engine or
the encoding scheme would be appreciated.

...then again the two labels go hand-in-hand, really.

Oh, one last thing. I think this sort of thing would probably annoy the
type of people on the list that I'm not really that fond of. So, if you
have feedback, and you don't mind, just post it straight to the list. You
can feel free to email me privately, too. Thanks.

do you always expect everyone to go out of their way to look after your
interests?  i bet your mother gave you everything you wanted as a child.  cuz
you dont really seem to be any kind of blackhat to me.  in fact, i'd be more
inclined to label you as a 'spoiled brat'.  you should quit relying on other
ppl to do your own homework.  its really quite pathetic.
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup