Full Disclosure mailing list archives

more than idle threats I'm afraid

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (full-disclosure () lists netsys com)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:07:29 -0800

Anodyne Perspective replied to my original post with ;

--- security () australia edu wrote:
[snip]
    To make a long story short, I woke up yesterday
to find this in my home
directory :

./MeMe156/agent.agency.08.14.02.2348/added
.agent.sol

after looking through ;
/var/adm/messages
/var/adm/syslog

to no avail, I used what I thought to be a clever
script that logs
auth.notice messages. NOTHING

/var/log/utmp; /var/log/utmpx
/var/log/wtmp; /var/log/wtmpx
/var/log/syslog

nothing. But then /var/log/sulog  showed me this;
SU 08/15 12:47 + pts/0 <userid>-root
 and /var/adm/messages revealed this
Aug 15 12:48:41 ***.***.***.*** unix: rebooting...

almost convenient that it was there at all. If
anyone else has any
information remotely related please respond.

I administer a private lab running 2 Sun LX50's
involved in active Ionospheric
research and HF analysis.

[snip]

Sure, more than an idle threat to you, but only
because you waited too long to mitigate or prevent the
usability or an exploit on your systems, or you didn't
prevent remote/networked access prior to now.  What's
new about this?  What's especially scary?  Nothing.

# waited too long? Did you stop too see what really happened here
# before you jumped in and shot off your mouth about somthing that #you have
obviously have no clue about. If it were the old lit_tty
#bug, I don't think it would need a reboot.
# And as for scary? Maybe you should take a look at the nature of #advanced
Ionospheric research before you comment on it. Sure, we #only pump about 1/3
of the juice through our dipole array as the #big guys(HAARP). Anyways, all
our systems are down until we can do #a thourough low level analysis. It IS
scary Anodyne. More than you #know. I asked for help, not blind ignorant flaming.

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index1.html

These kids are full of piss and wind.  Increasing age
prevents an inexhaustible supply of them.  Humor them.
It's funny to watch them rant about the coming
apocalypse of blackhat justice.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

This message was sent from http://australia.edu