IDS mailing list archives

Re: Need help/info

From: Stephen Mullins <steve.mullins.work () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 15:12:49 -0400

All of the information you need is available on the web.  Just google
your way through this.  At the end of it all you should be pretty well
versed in Snort and associated tasks (sensor placement etc.).

Have fun with it.  I'm a little envious that you get to do this
security build out from scratch.  I have resorted to deploying Snort
on my home network to get that experience.  If you aren't set on an
analysis front end yet I suggest Sguil, of which I am a big fan.

Steve Mullins