IDS mailing list archives

Re: Re: Intrusion Detection Evaluation Datasets

From: zubair.shafiq () yahoo com
Date: 13 Mar 2009 12:00:16 -0000

"You have a point here, on the other side this poses a huge challenge to the replicability of results, and therefore to
scientific vetting of data before publication.

So I am convinced that you need to validate your ideas against data coming from the wire, but on the other hand some
means of comparison between different approaches must be established."

I agree cent percent with Stefano, there has to be some validation and performance benchmarking mechanism. I personally
believe that we badly need a community resource like CRAWDAD (http://crawdad.cs.dartmouth.edu/); a place =
where we all should contribute at least what we have or agree to share.

Someone has to take the initiative!!!

Regards
Zubair