IDS mailing list archives

Re: AW: Announcing Allthreats

From: Ismael Briones <ismak () inkatel com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:31:04 -0400

Hi,

    Actually the files (pcap files) are encrypted and stored in the
server. We'll store it for statistical reasons.

The next step will allow a complete manage of the pcap files if you're a
registered user.

Thank you,
Ismael

Daniel, Akos wrote:
Hi,

I think this can cause some information leaking for companies, where the admin does not understand the content of a
sniffer file and/or sensibility of the sniffed traffic is underestimated. What will happen with the uploaded files?
Anyway home users can have huge advantages of that tool, if they know what they submit ;-).

Cheers,
Akos