IDS mailing list archives

Re: tesis thopic : IDS using mobile agents... What do you think about it?

From: saintarmin () hotmail com
Date: 17 Nov 2008 23:50:35 -0000

Hello

My first impression when I finish read your reply is: Wow!
I really too surprised by the words that you use to say that this isnt a thesis topic at this stage...

Plaese let me know what do you think about this papers....

Analysis of Distributed Intrusion Detection Systems Using Mobile Agents
Patil, N.   Chhaya Das   Shreya Patankar   Pol, K.
Datta Meghe Coll. of Eng., Mumbai;

This paper appears in: Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, 2008. ICETET '08. First International Conference
on
Publication Date: 16-18 July 2008
On page(s): 1255-1260
Location: Nagpur, Maharashtra,
ISBN: 978-0-7695-3267-7
INSPEC Accession Number: 10141357
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ICETET.2008.254
Current Version Published: 2008-07-29

Mobile agent intrusion detection system for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: A non-overlapping zone approach
Farhan, A.F   Zulkhairi, D.   Hatim, M.T.
University Utara Malaysia College of Arts and Sciences 06010 Sintok, Kedah, Malaysia;

This paper appears in: Internet, 2008. ICI 2008. 4th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on
Publication Date: 23-25 Sept. 2008
On page(s): 1-5
Location: Tashkent,
ISBN: 978-1-4244-2282-1
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/CANET.2008.4655310
Current Version Published: 2008-10-21

P2P Distributed Intrusion Detections by Using Mobile Agents
Dayong Ye   Quan Bai   Minjie Zhang   Zhen Ye
Sch. of Comput. Sci. & Software Eng., Univ. of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW;

This paper appears in: Computer and Information Science, 2008. ICIS 08. Seventh IEEE/ACIS International Conference on
Publication Date: 14-16 May 2008
On page(s): 259-265
Location: Portland, OR,
ISBN: 978-0-7695-3131-1
INSPEC Accession Number: 10007450
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ICIS.2008.21
Current Version Published: 2008-05-23

Enhanced intrusion detection systems in ad hoc networks using a grid based agnostic middleware
Authors
Pasquale Donadio         Alcatel-Lucent, Salerno, Italy
Antonio Cimmino  Alcatel-Lucent, Salerno, Italy
Giorgio Ventre   Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Sponsors
ACM: Association for Computing Machinery
SIGARCH: ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Architecture
Publisher
ACM  New York, NY, USA

Applying the Mobile Agent Paradigm to Distributed Intrusion Detection in Wireless Sensor networks
Ketel, M.
Univ. of Baltimore, Baltimore;

This paper appears in: System Theory, 2008. SSST 2008. 40th Southeastern Symposium on
Publication Date: 16-18 March 2008
On page(s): 74-78
Location: New Orleans, LA,
ISSN: 0094-2898
ISBN: 978-1-4244-1806-0
INSPEC Accession Number: 9940430
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/SSST.2008.4480193
Current Version Published: 2008-04-04

Well When I post my first post on security focus :looking for a thesis topic in the area of IDS...
I began to revise the digital libraries of the ACM and the IEEE, and it was when I founded with those papers that
caught my attention immediately ...
I dont know ... I can't  understand what do you say that this isnt a thesis topic ... Could you explain a little more
why you believe this?... Thanks

Now...

What do you want to demonstrate or show ? It really isn't a thesis topic
at this stage.

I DO NOT WANT TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE!!! Mr Ph.D Stefano Zanero Hopefully that is very clear ... I post this
message because I want to find some people interested in this topic with which to share ideas and to work together with
them, and I want to contribute woth some work, research or anything to the scientific community, academic community and
professional community that works in computer security.

I dont uinderstand why you say : Has been beaten to death....

Maybe in this time they dont have the technology, the power of computing, the research that today exist about this kind
of themes... This is were I in... to try to find something in that I can colaborate in this research.

Another of my main goals was to have exactly the discussions of this style, because that is when sampling if the issue
really interesting because, draws attention or if I'm really trying on something obsolete ...

I ask you ...

If you believe that this topic is obsolete ... Why are still running papers related to this in IEEE and ACM at today?

I respect your point of view ... And Believe me that I ask the same thing ... I want to find people who try to help me
define my master's thesis, with questions that help to improve, questions that are constructive ...

Now, what I'm going to do is from any point of these papers that I just show and start from there, trying to improve
something, trying to bring new ideas ... For me, this topic is not dead ... You are Ph.D. and knows that for example
the simplex method is from the'50s and today is still using this method and exist people that try to improved by using
genetic algorithms or other kinds of algorithms, really Mr. Zanero I do not understand why you think in that way...

Finally
Please If you can... help me... If you cant help me... thanks so much...

In my country is very difficult find people who want to help me as a student in this topic, and it is more difficult to
find people who know about the subject ...
that is why I post this message here ...

Thanks so much...