IDS mailing list archives

RE: Email reputation for inout to IDSs?

From: "Bourque Daniel" <Daniel.Bourque () loto-quebec com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:00:27 -0500

Look at TrustedSource

http://www.trustedsource.org/

-----Message d'origine-----
De : listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] De la part de Tremaine Lea
Envoyé : 25 novembre 2008 20:32
À : Sanjay R
Cc : Gautam Singaraju; focus-ids () securityfocus com
Objet : Re: Email reputation for inout to IDSs?

Hi Sanjay,

Conversely to your point, IP addresses/email addresses that have poor
reputations due to being a source of UCE/UBE go under heightened
scrutiny or may be blocked based on the implementers policy/preference
for other protocols.

There are a few IPS/IDS solutions out there utilizing email reputation
as part of their solutions, and they primarily get their strength from a
centralized managed db on the part of the vendor supplying the solution.

Cheers,

---

Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant
Intrepid ACL
Paranoia for hire

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. -
Ernest Hemingway