IDS mailing list archives

Re: PC Application Software Inspector

From: "Dennis Li" <dennis.li.sh () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:20:18 +0800

You can use some open source tools which can support invesgate the
software, hardware configruation, netwokr setting, etc in PCs in LAN.

I recommend 2 tools which are very good and easy to deploy:

OpenAudit  (It is very easy to deploy, even you don't need install any
client side agent. It uses WMI to get PC informaiton via windows
script during PC starting up)
OCS NG

You can find them in www.sf.net  (www.sourceforge.net)

Dennis

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Ravi Chunduru