IDS mailing list archives

Re: Bittorrent - utorrent

From: Tremaine Lea <focus-ids () ddiction com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:28:11 -0600

You actually has it right, it intercepts and re-signs the certificate. The way you prevent this generating a warning to the user is by creating a CA for your domain and ensuring all machines have this set as a trusted CA. If you are using something like Bluecoat, you then intercept and re-sign the certs with that CA or a subsidiary of the CA. The users machine automatically trusts that re- signed certificate because of these previous steps, and allows you to inspect the SSL traffic.

Cheers,

Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant