IDS mailing list archives

RE: Signatures taking down network

From: "Ghetti, Tim" <tghetti () air-worldwide com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:37:39 -0500

Had the same thing happen to all my xp sp2 systems when Trendmicro
decided to release a virus pattern update that wasn't thoroughly tested.
If you plan on automating updates, just be sure to have some sort of QA
first. Tough when the systems are expensive, but if you want HA you have
to pay for it!

Good luck!