IDS mailing list archives

IPS Reliability/Availability

From: geek_brigades () yahoo com
Date: 2 Feb 2006 16:26:42 -0000

I am working on a big IPS project and I am very concerned about installing an inline device in a core enterprise
network, where these devices have the potential to create big time network outages.

Can you, please, share your possible bad experiences about the reliability of the following inline IPS products:

ISS
TippingPoint
Juniper IPS
Sourcefire
McAfee IntruShield

Have you had any issues with the availability of these devices, such as fail close crashes or do you have any
experience with bypass switches that would mitigate the availability issue?

Thanks,
Mike

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.