IDS mailing list archives

RE: SIM Tools, and endpoint security.

From: THolman () toplayer com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:11:24 -0400

Hi Kevin,

I would recommend taking a look at OpenService - http://www.open.com/.
Also, look toward a network IPS to cut out the white noise at the perimeter
and reduce the logging load on your internal devices.
Don't discount the power of Microsoft Group Policy at a desktop level - they
offer state of the art file integrity checking systems that are far more
cost-effective and comprehensive than the 3rd party add-ons that proliferate
the market.

Regards,

Tim