IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snort & email

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 12:09:59 +0200

El mié, 04-05-2005 a las 10:16 -0500, Dan S Baxter escribió:
I'm setting up a Snort sensor in our environment and I am unable to
determine how I might get emailed on alerts.  I understand some are using
Swatch, but we are not logging to syslogs but rather to a mysql db.  What
are others doing in this case?

You can log to syslog and mysql at the same time. Just use both
lines in the Snort config file.

I also think OpenAanval can send you alerts using the mysql database.

If I can't get it to alert me, it doesn't do me as much good, as I do not
have the time to watch it 24/7.

Dan Baxter
International Paper
Information Risk Management
901-419-5193

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.