IDS mailing list archives

RE: Snort & email

From: Omar Herrera <oherrera () prodigy net mx>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 09:08:32 -0500

Hi Dan,

You can make snort log to both syslog and a MySQL database. Syslog alerts
can be emailed and the will be wiped out eventually, when logs are rotated,
so no overhead there.

I'm not sure how much this affects performance, but have tested it this way
and have not noticed a significant degradation.

Regards,
Omar Herrera