IDS mailing list archives

Re: Value of IDS, ROI

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm.visscher () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:44:18 -0500

There is no calculating ROI for security (including IDS) [0]. A CIO
should be able to understand that. Security is about mitigating loss,
much like insurance. You should focus on explaining how your IDS
implementation will help protect the investment your company has made
in IT. An IDS should provide early warnings of a compromise and other
security events. It will also help you quickly determine the scope of
the event, escalate the activity to the correct departments, and the
data gathered will make the remediation effort more efficient.

Bammkkkk

[0] http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2004/04/calculating-security-roi-is-waste-of.html