IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS/IPS Management devices

From: "Biswas, Proneet" <pbiswas () ipolicynetworks com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:49:51 -0800

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree with Dave that Linux is definitely
a better platform. Agreed, it needs to be in a secure area but do I
expect my appliance provider to give me the patches for Linux
vulnerabilities which can potentially be exploited. I would expect as IT
administrator, the management platform is like any other device on the
network which needs to be maintained by the admin.

To have known the best, and to have known it for the best, is success in
life.