IDS mailing list archives

Re: How to choose an IDS/FW MSS provider

From: <fuijdancer () yahoo com>
Date: 20 Mar 2005 08:54:25 -0000

Most often the world-wide coverage of MSS services can also be provided by a smaller MSS provider. That’s the nice
thing about remote management and monitoring. When we talk about ‘local’ we mean local to the customer’s primary
contact and site. Most customers these scales have some form of central information security management and IT
department. The SOC must have at least good direct contacts to their main counterparts in the company. The trouble is
often that a good overview, details on networks and systems can not be provided by customers. They simply don’t have
them; they are out-dated and so on. They will certainly always forget to inform the SOC timely of changes.

Combining managed vulnerability scanning with managed security monitoring is always a pre. Not only for large
multi-nationals.

Regards,

Sky.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.