IDS mailing list archives

RE: eEye Blink and other Endpoint IPS solutions.

From: <mashraf () hushmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 02:43:52 -0700

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:25:03 -0700 "Palmer, Paul (ISSAtlanta)"
<PPalmer () iss net> wrote:
Mina writes:

"On the plus side it makes evaluating the options much easier when

there seem to be only Cisco and eEye in the marketplace :)"

ISS also provides HIPS products. I work for ISS, so I have a high
opinion of our products.

If I recall correctly, McAfee also sells a HIPS product.

I feel so stupid now, I shouldn't have written that. I realised I'd
forgotten McAfee as soon as I sent the email and they are actually
my favourite so far. Other recommendations have been Fortigate and
NetIQ.

An ISS partner described the IPS as a patch for RealSecure IDS to
my I.T. Director which makes it difficult for me but I will
investigate further as they've also been independently recommended.
Thanks again everyone.
Mina

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.