IDS mailing list archives

looking for wireless IDS whitepaper

From: "Evans, Arian" <Arian.Evans () fishnetsecurity com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:48:48 -0500

I recently (<=2 months) read a wireless IDS
whitepaper discussing four + wireless IDS/IPS
vendors and the utility of their "security"
mechanisms. Alas, I cannot find this pdf anywhere.

It covered things like dropping disassociation
packets by changing the linux ip stack to ignore
the disassociation bit, etc.

Nice short read, very politically correct regarding
the various vendors implementing dubious controls.
Had a little chart of what vendors implement what
control/defense mechanisms.

Anyone know what paper I am speaking of and have
a link to it? Feel free to be a smartass and send
me the correct Google query. Many thanks,

-ae

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.