IDS mailing list archives

Re: IPS technology question.

From: Bob Walder <bwalder () spamcop net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:37:51 +0200

Joey,

Many thanks for flagging that, but just to clear up a misunderstanding
before someone flames us both ;o)

The figure you refer to refers to the number of TESTS in our test suite
(currently over 800 in total) which we run for each product. We have not yet
tested quite that many actual IPS products ;o)

Across all three editions of the IPS group test report, however, we have
tested almost all the main players.

The latest report (over 330 pages) is available on-line at www.nss.co.uk/ips
and contains reviews of eight products:

Cisco Systems IPS-4255 V5.0(3) (500Mbps)
Cisco Systems IPS-4240 V5.0(3) (250Mbps)
Intoto IntruPro V3.0 (100Mbps)
Juniper Networks IDP 600F V3.1 (500Mbps)
NFR Sentivist Smart Sensor 100C V1.3 (100Mbps)
Radware DefensePro-3000 V2.43 (1Gbps)
Symantec SNS-7160 V4.0.0.9 (1Gbps)
Westline Athena Aegis IPS 510L V2.1 (200Mbps)

Bob Walder
The NSS Group