IDS mailing list archives

RE: Updating Enterasys Dragon NIDS signature...

From: "Hazel, Scott A." <Scott.Hazel () unisys com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 05:57:45 -0400

Hello Jean-Pierre.

I know you can manually download the entire Dragon IDS signature set in
.tgz format from the Enterasys support site. Do you have a requirement
to perform this update automatically from the DPM?  If they don't have
Internet access then it seems you'll have to sneaker-net the updated
signature set in each time. Do you have an account on their support site
and if so, do you know where to look for the manual signature download?
If not GTAC can point you to this information (provided you're talking
with someone in the Dragon group).

Also, if your DPM and Forensics Console are on different server
machines, then you'll have to put the updated signatures and the
dragon.conf (I think that's the right file) on both machines.  Otherwise
when the new signatures are pushed to the sensors and start firing, they
show up in the Unknown group.

Hope this helps.

Scott Hazel
Unisys Managed Security Services