IDS mailing list archives

Re: Updating Enterasys Dragon NIDS signature...

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () ufl edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:43:23 -0400 (EDT)

That's odd, they're usually pretty helpful in my experience. Even better is the mailing list, though. That's often the best place to ask dragon related questions (dragonidsuser () enterasys com).

Depending on your architecture, you can either manually push out the signatures using scp and ssh to your sensors from another machine on the closed network, or import the new signatures into your dragon policy manager (DPM, or whatever it's called with whatever version you're running) and have it push them out.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer