IDS mailing list archives

Re: Anyone know about a new McAfee IPS coming out?

From: Rodrigo Blanco <rodrigo.blanco.r () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:10:49 -0600

The biggest IPS from McAfee I know about is Intrushield 4000 or
Intrushield 4010 (both ASIC based) with 2 Gbps throughput each.

Regards,

On 7/29/05, Nicholas Brown <nichbr () gmail com> wrote:
I heard something about McAfee coming out with a new IPS that is based
on ASIC technology and has a throughput of up to 5Gbps, matching
TippingPoint's 5000E throughput. Does anyone know about it? When is it
out?

Nick

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.