IDS mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IOS Shellcode - McAfee IPS Protection

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 18:25:21 -0400

How can they have "0-day" if ISS (makers of RealSecure and proventia IDS) announced the vuln? Wouldn't that lead us to believe that ISS had it first?

Beyond that, it's been a week, I am sure that all the major IDS venders have it.

Joel

(Yes, I work for an IDS company, and yes, we have a way to detect it)