IDS mailing list archives

Re: Jabber and Proventia G

From: Sam Evans <wintrmte () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:19:17 -0600

I think the best you can do is create a Trons (Snort because ISS tried
to be sneaky) rule to do this.

You would have to sniff the first few packets of the file transfer and
then create your signature appropriately.  For documentation on how to
create a Snort signature, you might refer to the documentation on
www.snort.org.

Otherwise, as far as I know, ISS keeps their voodoo magic to
themselves and does not allow you to create any sort of custom
protocol analysis.

HTH,
Sam