IDS mailing list archives

Jabber and Proventia G

From: "Is it possible?" <is-it-possible () no-log org>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:17:19 +0200

Hey there,

I need to know how I can block jabber users from sending
attachements.

We are using a jabber server just like http://status.jabber.org and
the clients are win32 using the jabber app we can download there
www.neosmt.com

I've been looking and I do not know how to write a policy for
Proventia G.

The general idea is to block known potential threads like .exe, .zip
or whatever like that. If it is a .doc, .xls or PGP encrypted files,
I need it to get to my mailbox. Also, I can send a JPG file which is
in fact a renamed PDF.

The users are using Jabber in clear-text but in the future we may
enforce the use of SSL.

How do I do it?

Thank you very much,

Allan Setright

Stop hurting your network!

The NeVO passive vulnerability sensor continuously finds vulnerabilities, applications and new hosts without the need for network scanning. It also finds compromised systems with application-based intrusion detection. Go to http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/nevo.shtml to learn more.