IDS mailing list archives

RE: ISS Siteprotector as syslog server?

From: "Brito, Nelson (ISS Brazil)" <NBrito () iss net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:34:28 -0500

Sorry, but, AFAIK, the Third Party Adapter, instead of TPM (the TPM is just to collect events from PIX and FW-NG), can
gets the SYSLOGD events and send it to RSSP.

In fact, you can do it using a simple "User Defined Events" under "Syslog and Text Events" on "OS Events" tab (sensor
policy). You can set a syslog or a text log entry.

And those entries can be used for correlation, but be aware that we have more than one type of correlation, this one is
just to put together the security events and making easier the search and tracing of a security event.

Rgds.

- nb