IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS Opinions

From: "Tarek Amr Abdullah" <tabdullah () salec com eg>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 09:39:05 +0200

Crayola,

I recommend either ISS Proventia or Juniper NetScreen IDP. As I am not
with deploying IDSs unless they are high quality and reliable. Otherwise
if you choosed "Sourcefire's, Dragon (Enterasys), and Symantec's
manhunt." For financial reasons. Then I think you may deploy Snort
instead as it is open source, and also sourcefire is built upon snort.

Best Regards,
Tarek Amr Abdallah