IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS deployment on a Cat6500 series & which Snort box?

From: "James Fields" <jvfields () tds net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:21:26 -0400

The page you list is for the original, version 1 IDS module.  The version 2
module is quite a bit different:

" 600 Mbps with 450-byte packets
Supports up to 4000 TCP connections per second (new arrivals)
Supports up to 500,000 concurrent connections
100% alarm rate
Catalyst performance not affected by additional VLANs or devices in the
Cisco Catalyst chassis
Fabric Enabled"

From this link:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_data_sheet09186a00801e55dd.html

The numbers expressed above are for a sensor with ALL signatures turned on.