IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS deployment on a Cat6500 series & which Snort box?

From: "Gary Halleen" <ghalleen () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:06:18 -0700

That is an extremely outdated page, Tony.  That is our first-generation
blade, which is no longer sold.  I've notified the product team for this so
it can be updated with current information.

The current IDS Module for the Catalyst 6500/7600 family is the IDSM-2,
while you were looking at the IDSM-1.

Here's the correct datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_data_sheet091
86a00801e55dd.html

According to this:

Monitor 600Mbps
Monitor 500,000 concurrent connections
Up to 4,000 new TCP connections per second

Please note that in addition to the IDSM-2, we also sell many standalone
appliances, as well as a network module for the access routers.

Gary