IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS deployment on a Cat6500 series & which Snort box?

From: "minime" <zballa () comcast net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 03:28:56 -0400

We have a few 6513s and IDPs. You can have more than one span port on the
6500, actually you can have two. The trick is you have to use the word
create when you define the second span port. We are running our 6500s in
mixed mode and we have no problem creating two span ports which are
monitoring vlans. From the IDPs we have fiber and copper connections to the
6500s. If we need to span a server port than we drop the copper connection
for the IDPs and re-configure the span port to monitor a server port.