IDS mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions

From: "Ed Donegan" <danceslikewhiteguy () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:13:08 -0700

I wasn't able to drag down the PDF yet, but I presume it used the pearson product moment correlation co-efficient? Mots embarassig, I posted the wrong version earlier, more verbose, less technical, but does this technique use multiple data points to describe an event (ie proccess launched, files touched,) then measure the "goodness of fit" to the event and the data points in a correlation co-efficient? This is what I believe is the more technicial definition of correlation lays, but as far as tayloring it for utility, I have seen numerous variations.