IDS mailing list archives

RE: Alarm response strategies

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:29:59 -0500

This would only be true if you are allowing the IDS to configure your firewall rules on the fly.  TCP Resets are not
going to completely block the connection and cause a DoS, they will only reset the malicious connection.  And other
inline technology like Snort-Inline just block or rewrite the malicious portion of the data.