IDS mailing list archives

Re: TippingPoint vs. Intrushield

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:08:21 -0500

--On Tuesday, July 13, 2004 03:22:36 AM +0000 Jacob Winston <jctx09 () yahoo com> wrote:

I am trying to decide which IPS to buy. I read that Tippingpoint won the
latest NSS shootout but Intrushield seems to have won every other
shootout before that. Has anyone used either one before? My Intrushield
rep says that Tippingpoint doesn't have as many detection methods as
Intrushield but I can't find a listing of what methods Tippingpoint does
have. Any info is appreciate. Thank you.

We testing Tippingpoint and were very impressed with it. We have not tested Intrushield. I know of three places that are using Tippingpoing and are extremely happy with it.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE
IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.