IDS mailing list archives

RE: Are sophisticated attacks just FUD?

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:35:47 -0500

You cannot point to the firewall as evidence that you are never targeted
in a large network.  What about across VPN connections, or inside
attacks, or if you are large enough you probably have Point-to-Point
connections with other offices, vendors or customers.

Also, just because you do not know of a breach does not mean that one
has not occurred.  This would hopefully be part of a sophisticated