IDS mailing list archives

RE: Taps supporting traffic aggregation ...

From: Steve Bernard <sbernard () gmu edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:37:20 -0500

I can't say that I've ever seen a tap that aggregates traffic. Products from
Top Layer, F5, Alteon, and the like are marketed as "IDS load balancers".
I've talked to NetOptics before about building a tap that actively monitors
multiple links and pushes them all down one monitoring port but, they didn't
have anything like that and it didn't seem likely that they ever would.

Steve