IDS mailing list archives

RE: Intrushield vs. ISS once more...

From: "Brito, Nelson (ISS Brazil)" <NBrito () iss net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:27:43 -0500

I have been asked about those features and what I say is:
"ISS is fully compatible with Ethereal and TCPDump captured files, you just have to turn-on the response for this in
the policy (aka LOG EVIDENCE)."

You can also use TRONS, snort's style signatures, or even User Defined signatures that uses regex. So you are able to
write your own signatures. ;-)

Just to let you all know, before reviewing any IDS/IPS, ask the manufacture about the advanced configurations, I can
bet that for whoever you ask about, they will be glad to assist you as they can.

- nb

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo.
Feliz Natal e Próspero Ano Novo.