IDS mailing list archives

RE: Intrushield vs. ISS once more...

From: "wnorth" <wnorth () verizon net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:14:53 -0800

I've installed both, by far Intrushield captures more via inline or port
spanning, either way it seems to have quite a bit more capability to detect
and report anomalies than ISS has, however, I last worked with ISS about 1
year ago, and have been using Intrushield since. It has a very nice
interface, then again, ISS could be far better then what it was a year ago.
We had a major pen test performed against a site and ISS barely caught
anything. On the flip side we were running Windows based sensors and not an
appliance based sensor, which is what Intrushield uses. They both are good
products, but intrushield is better in my mind.

My 2 cents,

-Wes