IDS mailing list archives

Domino Web Servers & HIDS

From: Nicholas Hunt <Nick_Hunt () MascoHQ com>
Date: 17 Dec 2004 19:31:51 -0000

Hello All

I was hoping some that monitors this would be able to help me with a problem that I have not been able to solve.  I am
currently in a rollout of Host-IDS to a number of our servers and want to install the HIDS on our domino web server but
cannot since they use the W3C standard log format which changes the log file name from day to day.  I am using Symantec
HIDS 4.1.1 and for IIS which follows the same format they provide ISAPI filters to receive a static log file but for
domino I need a DSAPI filter for a static log file.  All my research on the internet has not resulted with any returns
of anyone having this.  Basically I am looking for someone that has worked with DSAPI filters and Host-IDS (Any Vendor
is fine).  If there is anyone out there that has gone through this if they have any source code for their filters or
another solution for getting this to work I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Nick Hunt

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.